Friday, August 10, 2012

Coach Pete

My Zimbio  This year my eldest daughter agreed to play lacrosse if I would be her coach.Wow... what could I do?  Learning how to teach scooping and cradling, finding ways to coach field positioning on the practice field or from the sidelines, working with all the personalities... yes, a joy.

Although I was skeptical that work would tolerate early evening practices (yes, I had to miss our championship game due to a major capture), I attended almost every one.  My girls all progressed along the skills spectrum and most came to understand many key field realities.

Contributing to the fastest sport on two feet could be the beginning of a new passion.  Certainly understanding a bit more about what my little girls are thinking... priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment