Saturday, August 18, 2012

Make something!

My Zimbio  Twitter helps me stay informed on occasion.  Today I was directed to Joel Runyon's blog about Russell Kirsch.  Russell invented the first internally programmable computer.

Joel didn't say whether Russell amassed a fortune.  Evidently Russell didn't mention it either.  You can expect a Harvard MBA (me) would worry about that!  Joel didn't set out to find Russell Kirsch... evidently Russell found Joel working on his blog at a local coffee shop.

Best Russell Kirsch quote in the blog:  "...nothing is withheld from us what we have conceived to do.  Most people think the opposite..."  Evidently there were only two people who believed that, to quote Russell again: "God and me, so I went out and did it."

Thank you Russell, for that inspiration.  And thank you, Joel, for finding that fine man, for sharing his wisdom.  Perhaps I should save this post, log off and make something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment