Thursday, November 27, 2014

Home for Thanksgiving

My Zimbio  Opted to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and sis-in-law's family this year... last year, had my little princess and we made the trip together.  Although I was "in town" for a reunion this summer, haven't driven through the neighborhood in some time.

Drove down the "main drag" where I grew up.  Many empty store fronts... seems the only businesses that haven't changed are the cleaners!!  The state Motor Vehicles HQ is in my home town... they built a new building for that... the old one has been transformed into a rickety government office building.

The farm where I had my first job appears exactly the same (still needs a coat of paint!)... the garden shop where my bro and I sold cactuses (our first business) is still there, with the same name, though I understand they went bankrupt in the '90's and operate under new management.

Reflecting that this town had nothing for my MBA (short of falling in on one of the big insurance companies)... Mom and Dad aren't here any longer and our old home is painted cream (for shame!)... the tree fort must have been torn down years ago.

Great to see my brother and his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment